Bring out your best water-shoes and get ready to soak your feet and body in this amazing hike along the Sensunapán river and the 7 Cascadas (the Seven Waterfalls) route. Here reach the bottom of the gorge to start walking, surrounded by lush tropical vegetation and trees reaching 45 meters tall till reaching a series of water springs flowing right from the limestone and forming cascades of cool, pristine water.
Juayúa is small city in the heart of Coffee Country of El Salvador and also a hub for adventurous traveler and the foodies alike.
After the hike enjoy a well deserved lunch in the world-famous Juayúa’s Food Fest, The Ultimate Street Food Experience in El Salvador. Pick your selection of local and exotic delicacies, sweet or savory, cooked fresh and served in good portions, get a table, have a zip of your favorite drink and buen provecho! Don’t forget to save some room for coffee and desert.
On a glance
Distance walked: ~ 7 Km / 4.4 Mi
Duration (actual walking time): ~ 2h 30m
Ascent – Descent: 209 m / 686 ft
Elevation at start: 1031 m / 3380 ft
Lowest elevation: 851 m / 2790 ft
Check data here. All data may have an error margin,
Environment: Steep dirt roads and trails. We walk in the water, literally. Footwear with good grip is a must, trekking poles and gloves highly recommended. Most of the walk is shaded but some sunscreen is useful.
Highlights: fresh waters from the springs. Juayúa’s Food Fest.
Mix and Match
Las 7 Cascadas de Juayúa is located in the heart of Ruta de las Flores. You can fill your day with many different optional activities and attractions
- Specialty Coffee Tour in a running coffee mill, with tasting included (a more sophisticated experience with coffee cupping delivered by a local farmer available upon request).
- The largest Hedge Maze of Central America at Finca Albania, in Apaneca, the village at the highest elevation of El Salvador. Here you can find many other fun activities for the adrenaline junkies.
- ATVs: ride along countryside, dirt roads, coffee farms and small communities to the Laguna Verde crater lake.
THIS TOUR IS ONLY AVAILABLE
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
- Private transport in comfortable vehicle with A/C.
- Licensed Tour Guide. Bilingual and First Aid trained
- Local Guide
- Local taxes
- Drinks and meals.
- Personal expenses.
- Travel insurance
7 Cascadas and Juayúa's Food Fest
- Depart from San Salvador.
- Hike Las 7 Cascadas
- Juayúa, Food Fest.