San Salvador has museums and art galleries for every taste and interest.
- MARTE, the Arts Museum with the best collection of fine arts.
- MUNA, the National Museum of Anthropology for archaeology and history, CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR THE PANDEMIC.
- MUPI, the Museum of the Word and Picture, great exhibits about the Civil War,
- Museum of Popular Arts, with wonderful clay miniatures and workshops for children,
- TIN MARÍN, the Children’s Museum fun even for the grown-ups!
- Centro Cultural Pablo Tesak great display of pre-hispanic pieces and archaeology workshops for kids.
- FORMA Museum, a private collection of modern art, paintings and sculptures.
- Centro Monseñor Romero in the campus of UCA pays homage of the martyrs of the church in El Salvador. Important historical spot.
- The Numismatic Museum, small museum which displays the history of the Salvadoran currency through time.
- Fernando Llort’s Gallery, the most famous painter. His artwork and naiff style of paintings became a national symbol of identity.
- San Salvador Botanical Garden located into an active crater, this is a lovely green oasis in the city.
- National Palace one of the most elegant and important historical buildings in San Salvador downtown. Was the seat of the three branches of the State, secretaries and ministries in the early XX Century.
- National Gallery of Arts and Parque Cuscatlán: the largest public park in San Salvador downtown, with major monuments and the petit National Gallery of Arts with interesting displays.
Distance from airport (one way): 45 Km on average. Some museums may be located on the outskirts or suburbs of the city.
TOTAL TOUR DURATION: 5 HOURS
AVAILABLE TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY. AM AND PM DEPARTURES
PRICE PER PERSON, BASED IN 03 PAX GROUP
- Private transportation from / to airport
- Licensed tour guide
- Local guide (when required)
- Admissions to selected museum / attraction
- Airport taxes
- Drinks or meals
- Personal expenses / Souvenirs