Cinquera combines rich historical and natural heritage in a small package. Walk the trails once watched and defended by rebel forces into the hills and countryside. Along this short hike you’ll learn stories of how locals and their families hid and survived here. At the end of the hike is always possible to jump into the refreshing waters of El Saltón pond.
On a glimpse
Distance walked: 3 Km / 1.9 Mi
Duration (actual walking time): ~ 1h
Ascent – Descent: 109 m – 155 m / 358 – 509 ft
Elevation at start: 379 m / 1243 ft
Top elevation: 539 m / 1768 ft
Check map, route and more data here
Environment: warm and humid most of the year. The trail crosses a stream of water before heading up the hill. Mostly shaded but steep in some sections. Single track trail.
Highlight: The watch tower on top of the hill and El Saltón pond, besides the different historical-interpretative stations
Mix and Match
Cinquera is very near from Suchitoto and Suchitlán lake which makes a great extension to your experience
- Early morning kayak birding on Suchitlán lake. An important wetland, home of several migratory and resident species (available only staying overnight in Suchitoto).
- Walking tour in Suchitoto, Place of Flowers and Birds.
- Cihuatán, the largest pre-hispanic archaeological site of El Salvador.
- Private transportation in vehicle with A/C.
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Guided hike at Cinquera's Natural Protected Area.
- Purified water
- Extra drinks or meals
- Personal expenses