With 1950 m / 6400 ft San Salvador volcano is the major landmark of the city. Start with a short walk into the cloud forest towards the miradores overlooking the massive crater of El Boquerón.
Later, take a winding road to the fertile Zapotitán valley for a guided visit to one of the most important Maya archaeological sites found in El Salvador:
- San Andrés archaeological park, with a group of pre-hispanic structures, pyramids, temples and a very informative museum. This was the regional capital and important commercial, ceremonial and political center.
- Joya de Cerén: UNESCO World Heritage Site is the best preserved group of pre-hispanic domestic structures. A Maya farmer’s community entombed by volcanic ash. Also known as The New WoRld’s Pompeii.
NOTE: JOYA DE CERÉN IS TEMPORARY CLOSED
FOR RENOVATIONS OF INFRASTRUCTURE IN THE PARK
TOTAL TOUR DURATION: 8 HOURS
AVAILABLE TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY.
AM DEPARTURES ONLY
- Private transportation from / to airport
- Licensed tour guide
- Local guide (when required)
- Admissions to listed places
- Guided visits
- Airport taxes
- Drinks or meals
- Personal expenses / Souvenirs
Upon your flight arrival / departure times.