Named after an ancient pre-hispanic city, RON CIHUATÁN is also the Rum of El Salvador.
Explore Cihuatán, the largest archaeological park in El Salvador, a walled which flourished near 1,000 years ago on the fertile skirts of the mighty Guazapa volcano. Built up and inhabited for a relatively short period of time, this city had a violent end and remains as an enigma for archaeologists.
This ancient site is home of temples, ball game courts, a pyramid overlooking the surrounding valley and even a Royal Palace.
Afterwards discover the new pride of El Salvador: Ron Cihuatán in a guided visit to the distillery and aging cellars where you’ll have a master class of rum tasting, from young to aged premium rums.
This is the first 100% Salvadoran Rum which pays homage to our ancestors and ancient legacies.
Note: this tour is scheduled on Friday only. Private visits for groups available upon request
THIS TOUR IS FOR 18+ YEARS OLD ONLY.
DRINK RESPONSIBLY. DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE
BOOKINGS ONLY BY EMAIL
- Licensed tour guide, bilingual
- Admissions and guided tour in Cihuatán archaeological park
- Tasting of young and aged premium rums
- Special discounts in souvenirs shop
- Strict COVID-19 protocols watch
- One 750 ml bottle of Ron Cihuatán Obsidiana or Cinabrio
- Souvenirs and personal expenses
10:00 AM meeting at Cihuatán archaeological site
10:15 - 11:00 AM guided tour in Cihuatán
11:30 AM - 1:30 PM guided visit to distillery and rum's tasting