Named after an ancient pre-hispanic city, RON CIHUATÁN is also the Rum of El Salvador.
Explore Cihuatán, the largest archaeological park in El Salvador, a walled city that flourished near 1,000 years ago on the fertile skirts of the mighty Guazapa volcano. Built up and inhabited for a relatively short period of time, this city had a violent end and remains as an enigma for archaeologists.
This ancient site is home of temples, ball game courts, a pyramid overlooking the surrounding valley and even a Royal Palace.
Afterwards discover the new pride of El Salvador: Ron Cihuatán in a guided visit to the distillery and aging cellars where you’ll have a master class of rum tasting, from young to aged premium rums.
This is the first 100% Salvadoran Rum which pays homage to our ancestors and ancient legacies.
But wait! There’s sill more! Enjoy your afternoon with a lunch in the lovely Suchitoto, Place of Flowers and Birds, followed by a walk on the old cobblestoned streets of this charming city with beautiful colonial style architecture.
Note: this tour is scheduled on Thursday and Friday only and for a minimum of 07 to run.
Private visits for groups available upon request
THIS TOUR IS FOR 18+ YEARS OLD ONLY.
DRINK RESPONSIBLY. DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE
BOOKINGS ONLY BY EMAIL
- Private transportation in comfortable vehicle with A/C.
- Licensed tour guide, bilingual
- Admissions and guided tour in Cihuatán archaeological park
- Local guide in Cihuatán (required)
- Rum tasting in Cihuatán Distillery
- One 750 ml bottle of Ron Cihuatán Obsidiana or Cinabrio
- Special discounts in souvenirs shop
- Time for lunch and walking tour in Suchitoto
- Strict COVID-19 protocols watch
- Souvenirs and personal expenses
- Meals and extra drinks
8:30 AM depart from meeting point.
10:00 - 11:00 AM guided tour in Cihuatán
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM guided visit to distillery and rum's tasting
2:00 PM time for lunch in Suchitoto
3:00 PM walking tour in Suchitoto
5:30 PM return to San Salvador