A top destination for any visitor in El Salvador. Ruta de las Flores is a road that winds up and into the heart of the major coffee country and along colorful villages, crossing the Apaneca mountain range. This is a belt formed by 14 different volcanoes and makes the largest coffee growing region of El Salvador and an important biological corridor for wildlife, resident and migratory alike.
Within Ruta de las Flores we find Nahuizalco, home of a colorful indigenous market (on weekends) and one of the best preserved colonial churches of the Western region. Juayúa host every weekend the world famous Food Fest, the ultimate street food experience in El Salvador. Apaneca is the breeding ground of some of the finest coffee in the country due the perfect balance of soil composition, elevation and climate along the year. Here we will visit a running coffee mill* to learn about the process to turn a fruit into part of your morning ritual.
A little further down the road we reach Ataco, one of the most popular tourist destination in Ruta de las Flores: a small village with beautiful murals, colorful handcrafts and picturesque facades.
Ruta de las Flores offers a wide range of activities to make your experience even more special
- Zip line in the cloud forest, over meters above sea level. This is a circuit of 13 lines with the longest and fastest in the country.
- Pay a visit to the Reptile House in Juayúa. Fun for kids and grown-ups with the display of local and exotic species. From snakes to dragons.
- Albania Adventure Park, home of the largest hedge maze of Central America and many other options for the adventure junky.
- Volcanic Hot Springs and pools, on the outskirts of active volcanoes, with rich mineral thermal waters. So relaxing!
- ATV rides, from the colorful Apaneca village to the beautiful Laguna Verde crater lake.
- Coffee Cupping: take your coffee tasting to the next level with a cupping delivered by a member of a 5th generation of local growers.
*Note: depending on the group size and the host’s availability the selected coffee mill may switch to Beneficio El Carmen, in Ataco.
- Private transportation in comfortable vehicle with A/C
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Guided visits
- Bottled water
- Local taxes
- Admissions to places not listed
- Extra drinks
- Personal expenses
The departing time, places to visit and/or route to take may depend on the day of the week or holiday.
On weekends there's an early morning market in Nahuizalco. As well Food Fest on Juayúa.
I will gladly assist you to make the itinerary work better for you and your interests.