Volcanoes had molded the life of the people living in this land for ages. Combine nature and ancient Maya legacy, volcanoes and archaeology with a visit to this interesting places.
El Boquerón National Park sits on top of San Salvador volcano. This is a short and pleasant walk in the cloud forest to a couple of miradores overlooking the massive crater. “El Boquerón” means “the big hole” in reference to this, The second largest crater of any volcano in El Salvador.
After a drive down the hill, through coffee plantations, we reach the fertile Zapotitán valley. San Andrés was the capital of the region for the maya that lived here during generations. Nowadays you can walk the Acropolis, surrounded by pyramids and structures built more than thousand years ago by the ancient Mayas. Here’s a very informative museum too.
- Private transport in comfortable vehicle with A/C
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Guided visits
- Admissions to National and Archaeological parks
- Meals or drinks
- Personal expenses
This tour is only available Tuesday to Sunday departing from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Departure from San Salvador
- Guided visit and walk in El Boquerón National Park
- Guided visit in San Andrés Archaeological Park
- Arrive to your hotel in San Salvador
Duration of tour: 4h30m