No, is not Japanese. In the ancient Nahúa language Suchitoto stands for Place of Flowers and Birds.
From the first settlements during colony to the golden years of the Indigo Republic and the Civil War few places in El Salvador have so many stories and history as Suchitoto.
Walk the old cobblestoned streets in this city of rich colonial style architecture that has become the cultural capital of el Salvador. Discover the rich architecture, the views and stories that make Suchitoto one of the top destinations in El Salvador. Enjoy your lunch in any of the multiple restaurants and comedores and eat what locals eat.
Pick your activity to make your visit to Suchitoto unforgettable:
- An interesting indigo workshop where you will dye your own, personalized artwork and learn of the impact of this crop in El Salvador history and economy.
- Pleasant boat ride in Suchitlán lake, the largest lake in El Salvador and habitat of different species of migratory and resident birds.
- Historical hike in Cinquera protected area, learning about the struggle of the guerrilla forces in this place. Here you can jump in the refreshing waters of El Saltón pond.
- Cihuatán Archaeological site. This is largest archaeological site of El Salvador. A pre-columbian walled city related with the post-Maya settlers with temples, pyramids, ball game courts and a large palace.
Here you can visit art galleries, historical monuments, attend cultural activities or explore the nearby natural wonders such Los Tercios and Guazapa Volcano . The choice is yours.
- Private transportation in comfortable vehicle with A/C
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Walking tour
- Bottled water
- Local taxes
- Extra drinks
- Personal expenses
9:00 AM depart from your hotel in San Salvador
10:30 AM Arrive to Suchitoto and walking tour
12:30 PM time for lunch
1:30 PM pick the activity of your choice
Departure to San Salvador
Duration of tour: 7 - 8 hours