The importance of Tazumal and Casa Blanca is this sites have evidence of one of the longest occupancy in Mesoamerica. The area was inhabited by different tribes and cultures before, during and after the Maya. Including migrations from distant places as far as Central Mexico.
Tazumal has the biggest pyramid ever found in El Salvador. Casa Blanca is a site still unearthing its secrets. The sites museums display ancient pieces and detailed explanation of the civilizations that built this pyramids, temples and structures. This was also the first people that made vitrified pottery in the pre-hispanic Americas.
After the visit to this two major archaeological sites we explore Santa Ana City downtown. This is one of the best preserved and most rich group of historical buildings in El Salvador with the neo-Gothic Cathedral of Our Lady Santa Ana, the City Hall and the magnificent Theater.
- Private transport in comfortable vehicle with A/C
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Admissions to archaeological parks
- Guided visits
- Walking tour in Santa Ana city downtown
- Meals or drinks
- Personal expenses
- Depart from San Salvador
- Guided visit in Tazumal Archaeological Park
- Guided visit in Casa Blanca Archaeological Park
- Time for lunch
- Guided visit to Santa Ana downtown including Cathedral and Theater*
Visit to the theater upon availability.
Duration of tour: 7 hours