Ecoparque El Espino is very near from San Salvador Metropolitan Area and is open every day. You can choose the length or duration of the walk or how steep you want it. There’s a couple miradores overlooking the city, a cafeteria, restrooms and even a hanging bridge and benches for resting. A great place for spotting wildlife or birdwatching
On a glimpse
Distance walked: 10.2 Km / 6.3 Mi
Duration (actual walking time): ~ 2h 15m
Ascent – Descent: 299 – 981 m / 301 – 988 ft
Elevation at start: 936 m / 3071 ft
Top elevation: 1235 m / 4052 ft
Environment: Coffee forest (a farm) on the skirts of San Salvador volcano. Several trails crossing through From single-track paths to dirt roads. Some used by MTB cyclists. Some steep sections, mix shaded and open.
Highlight: Active volcanic faults with water steam fumaroles. This is an active volcano.
Mix and Match
- What about a sampler of fresh craft beers at Cadejo Brewery? Find the perfect pairing between different styles of beer and great food. For 18+ years old exclusively.
- El Boquerón National Park is on a close distance up the road. This is the smallest National Park set on the rim of the second largest crater of any volcano in El Salvador. Just the cherry to crown a nice day walking on volcanoes.
- Private transportation in vehicle with A/C.
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Guided hike at Ecoparque El Espino
- Purified water
- Local taxes
- WiFi via Hot Spot (mobile network)
- Extra meals or drinks
- Personal expenses / Souvenirs
Ecoparque El Espino is on the outskirts of San Salvador, just few minutes from the city.
The place is calmer in the mornings.
We can depart any time. You decide.